Edgewood Campus School, a Catholic school in the Dominican Sinsinawa tradition, educates and guides a diverse student body towards becoming faith-filled global citizens through a rigorous academic curriculum and commitment to truth, compassion, justice, community, and partnership.
As a Catholic School, we believe:
- In the life, teachings, and divinity of Jesus Christ.
- That all aspects of the learning process are enriched by the integration of the values articulated by the gospel.
- In enabling each student to develop a personal relationship with God, a positive self-image, a respect for others, and a concern for all creation.
- That the richness of our Sinsinawa Dominican heritage provides the foundation for life-long learning.
- That each student is worthy of love and respect.
- That each student is unique and capable of learning, growing, and achieving his/her potential. In a curriculum of excellence, which is student centered, value based, academically oriented, and integrated with the cultural arts.
- That cooperation, respect, and involvement are essential among parents, students, and educators.
- That communication and interaction must be frequent, open, and supportive to foster optimum development.
- That being welcoming and open to parent involvement enriches the learning experience of our students.
An Edgewood Campus School student is a person who:
- Prayerfully seeks a relationship with God
- Lives the Sinsinawa Dominican educational values of community, compassion, justice, partnership, and truth
- Uses talents, time, and resources to serve God and community
- Demonstrates problem solving abilities, flexibility, and critical thinking skills with a strong work ethic
- Is an enthusiastic and creative learner
- Communicates through active listening and respectful speaking
- Uses technology responsibly
- Recognizes and respects diversity
- Demonstrates responsibility for the environment, others, and self
- Is forgiving and can approach life with humor
- Lives a healthy lifestyle, and respects life and dignity for all people
Edgewood Campus School, a private Catholic school for students in 4K, 5K, and grades one through eight, admits students of any gender, race, religion, color, and national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The school does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, color, or national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, financial aid programs, and athletics and other school-administered programs.